Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home sick

I miss Hope. Sometimes it feels like there is a little piece missing from me. I am starting to hate Sundays. I really am not enjoying this new church the way Alex is and Sundays the ache just grows. I desire communion with other alive in Christ christians and I am not getting it. I really miss my home.

In other news Alex finally got a job. 5 monthes of unemployment, I am not sure what his boss was thinking, why would he intentionally inflict that kind of stress on a new marriage? But we made it through and I am looking forward to the next stage. Hopefully this stage will be less stressful.

Work is getting rough. My boss tends to loose 1 girl a month. That is 7 girls in 7 monthes and the last one to leave had been there 3 years and left a huge hole. So he still expects the same amount of work to be done but with less people. I write my CAIB exam next week, I partially do not want to pass because then the work load becomes unbearable and I have watched 2 girls almost break under the pressure. But on the other hand, passing this exam makes me certified and then I can get different jobs in the same field but with a less demanding workload.

If I pass overtime is expected. I used to have a job where I put in overtime, I worked super hard and put my heart in it. All I got for it was being ignored and treated like a piece of dirt by his wife. And now I am expected to out the same effort in, at a different job. I know that we are not supposed to let experience affect of future, but how do we not?

No comments: