Sunday, August 13, 2006

people

I have been encouraged today. I met people that I completely fell in love with. I went to their open house and did not want to leave. That is the sign of a truely great home. It is not just the hostess but the whole ambience of the place. I felt loved, peaceful and content. I love great conversation and this house had it. I am so looking forward to just hanging out at this house now. I am so excited for more new friends.

On that note though, I really hate being alone. I am not lonely, just alone. Being in a big house with little noise and no one else around is driving me batty. I hope that I am not driving my friends nuts by calling them all the time. Do not get me wrong, I throughly enjoy house sitting but I need people around me. On the other hand the family came home for a bit and then I got my fill of people. It was great!

But this is where God wants me to be. I think it is to be like a sabatical. It will involve lots of reading. I think God is teaching me to be still and quiet, so that he can speak. Sometimes I wonder how he ever gets through the noise of my brain. He does know how to get my attention in a hurry if he needs to though.

1 comment:

Nin said...

I was very blessed by the open houses this weekend too. We have an amazing family, and there are so many more people to meet and get to know.
I know what you mean about being alone. I actually re-energize when alone, but of course I'm human, and need people just as much as anyone. Too much time spent being alone can definately drive a person batty. God is so jealous of our time, it's neat to know He wants to be with you alone and have you all to Himself. What a loving father.
I hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your time there. When do you get to go home?