I just met the coolest couple at the airshow today. They came to our booth looking for sunscreen and ended up chatting with us for an hour. He was a mechanic for one of the really big and fast planes and she was along for atime away from the kids. They had been married for one year and have a combined family of six kids.Turns out they met at bible camp, which got us talking. So we had a good chat about God. Right in the middle of the airshow.
I was thinking of last weeks sermon during this conversation, about the shifting of responsibility when you give someting to God. I talked with a few pilots today, they were looking for tatoos for their kids, so we chatted about their kids. And it really hit me. What is a wife to do? Really how does a non christian, air force wife do it. There is potential everyday for your husband to plummet to the earth and die. If you can not give something like that to God, then really, what is a woman to do?
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That exactly what it's like being a mother. Once you have kids, suddendly your life focus shifts to them, and all this new mother instinct sets in. But thank God He gave me the grace to let go of my child. If my hubby had a job like that, I would need to walk in faith to let him go too.
good thoughts. I wonder the same thing. Without God and being able to lay my burdens down, I would be such a basketcase! I love how God is the center and the focus of all you do in everyday life!
take care
Post a Comment