Did you ever wonder if God has a sense of humor. I mean look at the duck billed platypus or the zebra. I mean really who else would think to put stripes on an animal? God has been putting people in my life that when I get to know more of theirstory I go, "really God, what are you thinking??" Then I laugh.
I now know someone whose marriage was very similar to mine, only the roles were reversed. " really God??"
I have the prophetic friend, who is my opposite, who, one year ago I would have been passing judgment and going "freak". She is making me step out of my comfort zone and I love her for it. "But really God??
Then I have all these others who mirror me. I have the hyper friend who was me when I was 16. I have another one whose love language is gifts, just like me, again, someone who one year ago I would have been passing judgment and would have lost out on a really cool friend. I have the bottler and I have the terrified of storms and the list could go on, about all these friends I have made who are my reflection. They are so amazing. "Really?!?!?"
I seem to be the oldest, does that make me the role model/discplier/speaker of truth? WHAT!?! Me a godly role model? Someone who teaches truth to people desperately seeking truth and healing? ME?!? I think God is just looking down and laughing at me. Then he says "go and bless them" ,"Really??"
I do not think he is laughing at me, I think he just likes irony. I look around and then laugh at where he has placed me.
Aww my new friends are amazing. They bless me so much and in so many ways. But I look at my new bunch of friends and laugh because I stick out like a sore thumb yet, feel no awkwardness. Their stories have so many traces of mine in them that I bond with them instantly. I think it is time to give back. There have been so many amazing women in my life that now it is time to start passing on what I have learnt.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
amen sister,
go and make those disciples, teaching them to obey all that He has commanded and taught you. go and allow God to build your testimony, you are amazing. :)
(and yes God DOES have a sense of humour, or He wouldn't have stuck and and my hubby together)
Post a Comment