Thursday, July 27, 2006

No TV

I have offered to house sit for a family that has no TV. I did not realize that until last night and I had a moment of freak out. Fortunately I was with some friends who told me how silly I was and that one month without TV would be a very good thing. I was planning on giving up TV for the summer and backed out. Now I am going to do what I was planning to, just because of my circumstances. Isn't that interesting.

I am thoroughly enjoying my job. I am looking forward to being a fantastic employee who is no longer in training and can walk confidently in this job. It will take a while. It usually takes about 6 months to a year, at any job, for this to happen.

I work with some of the coolest people, who are being so patient with me. I am once again working with the person who brought me to Hope. She blesses me everyday and she does not even realize it. Its one of the secret bonuses of the job. I get to hang with family.

But I do find myself being so excited about being around people that I like and can talk to, that I blab incessantly. I realize that they probably do not think so but compared to the way it used to be, the word count has gone up significantly. I must practice discression in this because I do not want to become one of those people. You know which ones. The ones that say anything about everything just because they need to talk all the time. But we will let God look after that one.

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

so what are your favorite shows?

THACI said...

hmm, the list is long.Gilmore girls,House, NCIS, ER, and I have just found this great show with creflo dollar. I never thought I would like a tv evagalist but I really enjoy his show. In fact I found myself on Sunday takimg notes on his sermon.