It has been pointed out to me by FOUR different people that I need to forgive. I need to forgive wounds that are 6 years old. How do I go about doing that? Those wounds are such a part of my identity that if I let them go, I fear I loose me. On the other hand, I do not like me with these wounds. They just fester under the surface until the right pressure is applied and then they burst. Which makes for high pressure situations being even worse then they should be. So if anyone wants to share their forgivness stories with me I would love to go for coffee and listen to those who have gone before. I know that God will do it in his own time but I like the encouragement of what I might look like when this is all done.
I have also released myself to God. I am not is control. I am a control freak who is not in control anymore. I keep looking for things to hold on to but really there is no need. There is peace and the ride is not nearly so twisty. "I am not in control" has been my mantra lately. I might struggle to get it back, but I am going to make a concious effort to not be in control.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Beautiful,
My journey in forgiveness is that it is a process not an event. I have to choose daily to forgive those who have wounded me deeply many years ago, but the good news is it get's easier and less often that I have to consciously choose to forgive. Blessings on your journey.
Good eye blogless one, that's awesome!
My walk with forgiveness has been a long hard road. But through it, God has been so glorified, I have been so freed, and I, as well as those around me, have had the blessing of witnessing a miracle. You too have this opportunity, if you choose to submit your rights. If you want to hear more of my journey with this, ask me in person. :)
forgiveness definitely isn't easy at times...but really I've found that I have hurt myself more than the others involved by not forgiving them. They don't need to have me forgive them, they can have their release from God and listening to what He wants them to do.
It's not easy and it means giving up control and letting them go, and it doesn't always make things feel instantly better, but there is a burden released and loosed and then God can have HIS way --It's so much better than our way
Praying for those you are trying to forgive, goes a long way in the forgiving and healing process.
God's blessing on your journey.
Post a Comment