Thursday, June 15, 2006

Acute Grief disorder

I went to my totally awesome doctor yesterday and was telling him how I pretty much did not eat for 4 weeks. Turns out there is a name for it. Acute Grief disorder. ( It might not be a disorder, it might just be a "D" word that I do not remember). Turns out my body just shut down completely, it just could not handle life anymore.

I told my father about this and I think it scared him. He thought I was doing really well, (so did I) but this just really shows what is really going on inside of me. As I continued to talk about some of the reasons I do things, It has become so much clearer that the effects of my marriage are still there, just buried. Wow, there is a lot of hurt there, that managed to get avoided until now. In fact the amount of bitterness that comes out of me even now scares me a little bit. It is not a nice thing to be around.

Thing is where do I start? Do I need professional help? Or do I trust in God to do it all.

2 comments:

Nin said...

God's timing with all of this is perfect, and He's the one bringing all this stuff to the surface. It's not just bubbling up on it's own coincidently. He's got it completely cased, He will bring it all to an end. The more you keep choosing to be open to His correction and move in you, the faster that end will come.
Try bringing your questions to Him, He's dying to hear them!

andrew + camille said...

definitely go to God - he's the ultimate healer. but don't underestimate the power of a good counselor or someone like that!! seriously, they are very good at what they do - and sometimes we just need someone to talk with - who has no agenda, but are just there to listen! trust me! i went to a counselor in high school adn it was one of my best decisions yet.