I have realized that I had written a blog but had not posted it. About 3 weeks ago I realized that I rely on "men" for a lot of things. In fact too many things. I was letting too many people influence my decisions. So now in stead of picking up the phone and calling Dad or the various other men who influence my life, I have decided to make a concious effort to tell God first and then wait.
I can do this. I can get my car fixed by myself, I can be financially smart and I can run my life without consulting a bunch of men first. I have declared myself independent so now lets start acting like it. I still need help (especially if the car is stuck) but I think God needs to hear about the problems first before I consult men.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
amen sister! I encourage you on your journey. I too have struggled with relying on men too much. And even now, more times than I should, I rely on Chris for things that I should be doing on my own. I should be responsible for being my own big girl and making my own good decisions. Turns out a hubby doesn't come in and fix all those problems. I'm sure you know that.
so cool to watch you grow :)
Post a Comment