Ahhhh, somehow in the past 3 weeks I have gotten so busy that the only time I have to blog is while I am babysitting Coffee with Gods kids. They are asleep and I "borrowing their computer".
What is going on in my life? well, I finally talked to my pastor about going on a mission trip to Bolivia. Now I just need to figure out whether I go in July or October and then send a letter to the elders. My dad has offered to get me to and from Miami. Now I need to raise about $1500.00.
500 of that is for supplies and 1000 is for the flight form Miami to Bolivia and back. It is a mountain I am looking forward to climbing. But first I need to tell my leaders and the team I am going with, my intentions.
I am also going completely manless. I am on week# 3 and am holding up well. ( I think) It is weird to not pick up the phone and call a "man". It is just me a God now. I spend I lot more time talking to him, he offers really good solutions. I think that this is one of the reasons I have packed my schedule so full. Be busy and feel no pain. I am also thinking about where my life would be if I had not gotten divorced. I would have at least one child and be a stay at home mom. I feel a little sad when I reflect on it too much. I am very thankful we never had a child in the mess of a marriage but some times.....
But babysitting a few nights a week sure puts those feeling to rest in a hurry. I love kids and hanging out with them. It also erases that longing in a real hurry. It is said that childless people fell sorry for people with children and people with children feel sorry for those who have none. I do not feel this way but sometimes I know that moms just need a break.
I also start to work Thursday evenings again. I do enjoy the night shift. It makes me feel important because I am all of a sudden an integral part of the process as opposed to the girl in the lonely back corner.
My life, to be continued.......
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you have such a good heart, girl...
and i can't wait to see what wonderful things will happen to you and in you! i am behind you in this missions trip thing. all the best...
remember He gives us dreams not to see them die in the fire, but to raise them up from the ashes. He will give you strength to run and not grow weary! He is your provider, your (and my) only Man!
bless you
Post a Comment