It is new years once again. What do I resolve to do. Do I resolve to loose weight, eat healthy or keep my car in pristine condition. All of these things can be done, in fact I do all these things now just not to the extent the a resolution demands.
New years resolutions demands perfection. This causes the pendulum swing. Law vs rebellion. So instead of setting parameters that are impossible to meet I am going to set some that I can meet.
I am going to talk to my grandmother more then twice a year, and I am going to make a point of having veggies and fruit instead of chocolate for a snack. I think I am also going to spend time with people I love and just live my life the way God intended me.
There I think I can do all these things this year and succeed.
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're totally right, making new years resolutions does seem to bind you in that pendulum swing. Funny enough, eating lots more fruit is one of my goals! It came from all the christmas oranges, it was like I gave my body a taste of what it needed, and now it craves it. Good thing we walk in God's grace, and don't have to walk it in our own strength. Good post,
blessings!:):):)
you've been tagged, check out my latest post!:)
Post a Comment