Monday, December 31, 2007

New Beginnings

What our dear pator was saying in church rang true for me. This is the year of new beginnings.

After four monthes of becoming the service manager, it is time for me to move on. That job is just not for me. I worked very hard to suceed at it, but I have given up. With little positive feedback and only correction, my positive words of encouragement bank is empty. I am so desperate for positive words of encouragement that I am walking up to people and begging them to say something positive about me. I am not trying to be arrogant, I am just trying to fill a love languge bank account that is empty.

I love to serve, I believe it is a gift from God. So I have served on a huge level, for a long time and now that desire to serve is gone. I think I have quit almost all church responsibilities as a direct result of me giving it all at work and not having anything left over.

So now there are decisions to be made. First is, Where will I live? Should I continue to stay in Saskatoon or do I move to Regina and take this relationship with my man to the next level.

Second is, What will I do? I have some lots of skills, they are just all over the place. Administrative and mechanical.

I am not scared. I was for a while but... fear can be dehabilitating and I am not going to let that happen

1 comment:

Princess Warrior said...

I figure I should comment, since I keep reading. I want to encourage you that I think you are fantastic. Now I know I say that a lot, so what I mean is that you are fun, caring responsible and beautiful. I don't know if you have quit your job, but if you haven't my small word of advice would be people can't give you what they don't know you need. If you need words of affirmation than you need to train up those around you to speak in such a way. I don't want to see you go and I want to see you succeed. Hope you had a great holiday. When do you want to do coffee? I am free Wednesdays and Fridays days.