Monday, October 09, 2006

My brothers wedding

My family is weird!! Strange even. I laughed so hard, my dad is the biggest duffus. He worked so hard at trying to ruffle the photogragher, and she would not be ruffled! He was so disappointed. But I just laughed at him.

There is always one thing that goes wrong at the wedding. My brother and the best man forgot the rings at home. So my brother stopped the wedding and sent me to go and get them. So I got to be the ring bearer!

Small towns are funny. People I did not know were coming up to me and telling me how it warmed their hearts to see the daughter come home to help with the harvest last month. I met the bartender in the Co-op, he needed to know who I was. Obviously I was there for the wedding, the red hair just threw he off, I really do not look like part of the Strnad clan. But as soon as I introduced myself, I heard all about my brothers. I am proud of my brothers, all the stories I heard were about how hard they work and how they are so helpful. My Dad thaught us servanthood and it is being carried out in my brothers lives.

My little brother is now married to the most wonderful woman. I think he picked well. I took about 200 pictures so soon I hope I can post a few.

I fly to Bolivia Thursday morning, so I am off to get a few more things. So many things and so little time..

1 comment:

Nin said...

lol....that's always something you see in the movies.. the groom leaving the rings at home. That must've been crazy.
I forgot my strapless bra at home....so me and my dad had to rush home (cuz I stayed at my parents house the night before) the morning of the wedding, we were almost late because of it!
can't believe you're leaving thursday, I'm calling you now!