Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bible study tonite

Tonite I went to a bible study, hosted by a completely different church then I attend. My roomate, who attends this church, wanted me to come along for moral support. I met forever girl.

They asked a question, Have you ever been close to death? How did it happen?

I had an answer, but it was not one I was willing to share with a group of strangers ( I will however tell it to the internet world). I was close to death when I hit rock bottom. My marriage was over, I was suicidal, God was out of the picture almost completely and my husband had just yelled at me for an hour. The scary part was, I did not feel anything through the entire thing. I was so "dead" I did not even recognize the anger that was spewing from his mouth. I was a block of stone.

Fortunatly God was not completely out of the picture. He used my father, who was the only person in the world at that time that could have reached through that stone wall, to love me and start me on the path of restoration.

That week Dad found me in that hole I had dug for myself and hauled me out. He demonstated Gods love and forgiveness, he restored a severed relationship, he spent time with me and there was no condemnation or judgement. He just loved on me. He was Christ in the flesh.

God used my dad to save my life. When I forget about Gods mercy and grace, I just remember what my dad did for me. My dad the imperfect man, demonstated what Christ would have done if he had been walking around here on earth. Praise God for family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! it was great having you at our bible study. sometimes we're so numbed to the excitement of God that it's almost shocking to have someone relate such love and loyalty about their church life. some others that were there (including myself, actually!) were on the verge of being jealous of your cheeriness! :) thanks for being you.

Princess Warrior said...

you make me cry! I love you.