Friday, November 18, 2005

Planks and specks

I like to point out peoples specks. It is so easy for me to see what they are doing is wrong. The problem with doing that is that I am so obsessed with the speck in my brothers eye, I do not see the great big log that I have sticking out of mine. I mean this sucker is HUGE, but I do not see it.

I had a loving father point out the log that is in my eye. Once I realized it was there, it hurt. Almost made me cry kind of hurt. I did manage to hold it together and not cry, which by the way is so-o-o not healing.

I realized that I have been concerned with the speck in my sisters eye. A speck, that is all it is, a speck. I keep saying, no it is this huge log that she needs to remove! But my mind now knows that it is just a speck.

In knowing this, I know I need to humble myself and ask forgiveness from her. She did her best in a hard situation and I need to quit being the martyr. Only then can we move on and restore this friendship that was lost because I sinned. But she did this, and this and this and hurt me. Yes but I did THIS and THIS and THIS and THIS and....... whick I am sure hurt her.

Now I actually need to follow thru on what I just wrote.

2 comments:

Nin said...

Amen sis! We all walk that way, we all love pointing out little specks in others, and we all think we are totally justified in being a victim from time to time. So be encouraged that we are all walking this road with you, all imperfectly. Thank you for speaking truth over my sin. I love it! Just don't poke too hard of course *wink wink* or I might have to hit you over the head with the 2 X 4 in my eye! ;)

Trail Rider said...

HA HA HA!
That's super funny, hitting with your 2x4!!!!

Good one
You have much courage J. That darn character growth....sonething I have no idea about (grin, yeah right!)
There much peace with walking in the right path.