Monday, October 31, 2005

Talking the walk

I have now joined the blogging world! It took me a while but I finally took the plunge.

Let me explain my title. I have spent many of my Christian years talking the walk. I can talk the walk so well that the talk became the walk. Relying on me to get what I needed. Now I am starting over from a failed marriage and a church that unofficially shunned me.

You know those people who talk about where they have been but you know they have been no where. You just want to leave the conversation cause you know they are phony. And they do not get it cause the more they talk the deeper the hole gets. Well that was me. I could talk but the more I talked the bigger the hole got.

So skip 2 years and I find myself out of the hole that I dug for myself and am trying to start again on this new journey but with a little bit more baggage. Except that God is doing the leading and I am doing more walking then talking.

3 comments:

Princess Warrior said...

Yay I am so glad that you are out of the hole and taking a walk. I look forward to reading and hearing from you in person all that God is doing welcome to the BW(blogging world).

Nin said...

Amen sis! And praise God for all the amazing things He has done in you!
I know this is a big step for you, to be open and transparent with us all. God will bless and honor your obedience and courage. I see many great things are coming for you, amen when Greg said that this will be the worst day of your life!
welcome to the BW, make yourself at home, be comfy.

Moose said...

I just want to say what an amazing person you are. You have gone through some really hard stuff and yet you seem to be so free in God. I see you as someone who is real. In a world where facades and fake happy people are touted as the norm, reality is found in real people. Thank you for your encouragement and "realness" in mine and a lot of other people's lives. You speak it as you see it, and that is a good and rare thing. Bless you sister as you step out into the blogging world. -Moose