Winston and I are at the midpoint of doggie obedience class and I am seeing so much improvement. I like the little guy now and he is esaier to get along with.
I started thinking, why the change? Here are some reasons why.
1. We are on a project together.
2. I spend time with him and play games. They taught us some games to play to strengthen owner dog bond and it works! As well I am required to give him 15 -30 min of practise per day, so he gets tons of attention.
3. I see how they should act and behave. I have rules that I can follow and a measuring stick to know that I am doing well.
4. I learnt some tricks to get him to do what I want. Now the tasks are fun and not chores.
5. He now sees me as the treat giver. That puts me on a pedistal like none other.
Interesting thing I learnt. Teach you dog to come to you and it will make life easier. BUT only call them when something good is going to happen. Never call them when it is something negative like bath time. If the situation is negative, go and get your dog.
When the owner calls come, the dog will come because it associates you and that phrase with good things.
A friend of mine hides treats all over his house and calls his dog when ever and that dog is prompt!
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment