Friday, April 13, 2007

My Singleness list

One day a long time ago, well 2004, I was not ok with being single and alone. I was encouraged to make a list of 10 things I want to do while being single.

1. Read all the Bible - Check
2. Become a better photographer- Check
3. Go back to Bolivia - Check
4. Learn Spanish - Ummm no desire to do that any more
5. Get freedom to dance - check
6. Learn to dance - Check... That happened one month ago!
7. Visit Quebec and visit my friend who lives there - Not yet
8. Get a career or at least a job that I can keep long term -Check, Thanks chuck
9. Become that woman God is waiting for me to be - Check/still getting done
10. Be debt free - Plan on that by August

And some recent additions
11. Learn to play the Guitar- working on that one
12. Learn to Kayak - Still a little cold outside but sure going to try
13. Go to the UK - mmm that might just stay a dream
14. Mission trip to Africa- that one will happen evenually
15. Become really good at this job/ career that God has provided for me - That one is going to take some time, but the commitment is there.

I have not thought of this list for a long time but some of it has just happened without me even trying. The dancing one happened because I just met the coolest guy who likes to 2 step. Who knew that an evening of fun would fulfil one of my secret goals. And learning to be a better photographer was so fun, I was trying to support my friends and they unlocked this ability to take decent photos. Going to Bolivia again was a deliberate attempt but there are God footprints all over that trip.

I wonder what I new things I am going to try to do next year?

No comments: