Thursday, December 15, 2005

Paul

I just got off the phone with my friend Paul. He is such an amazing man, husband and father. The pride and joy that come into his voice when he speaks about his wife and child still moves me. His little girl is 1. She is a sweetie. His wife is so amazing. I think they have been married for 3 maybe four years.

He is currently in the military and he just informed me that he might be going to Afghanistan. This is what he has been training for all these years so I wished him well but it makes me a little scared, more for his family then for him actually. They will sure miss him and worry over him. Good thing they have God, otherwise I think his wife would have a breakdown cause there is no way she can have any control over what happens in the field or in the middle of a war.

I have not been paying attention to the war over there but I sure will now.

This call also made me think about family. Paul was and is my brother, (not biologically, of course). We spent so much time together. There was three of us who just hung out all the time. Somehow we survived high school and then Briercrest together. We would laugh so hard at briercrest breakfasts it just made anything that was bad disappear. He was there for me and I sure tried hard to be there for him. Now he is married and I have a sister in law and a little niece! My family gets to expand.

I know he is going to read this so " be safe out there, I am praying for you"

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE spiritual family!
Nothing is like it.
More than that I love OUR spiritual family....and yOU!!!!

THACI said...

Carebear, I really need to get to know you better. You are next on my list of people to get to know. So I might be knocking on your door some day after Christmas!

Please note that if Paul does leave it will be in August. I forgot to put that in